Search Results, Issue: Framing
Did you not find what you were looking for? Try the advanced search for more precise search options.
9 item(s) matching your criteria; sorted by type.
ArticlesRuth Rosen: Talking Taxes by Ruth Rosen, 01-30-2007
- In the first entry for her regular column on Talking Points Memo Cafe (www.tpmcafe.com), Ruth Rosen shows us our taxes at work.
- Morality and the Abortion Provider by Carole Joffe, 01-30-2007
- In this editorial, originally published in the journal Contraception, Longview Senior Fellow Carole Joffe addresses the unique perspective on "morality" that she has noted among those who provide abortions. Joffe observes in this group a "moral vision without moralism" that she argues is "the only viable foundation for the humane regulation of sexuality."
- The New Right-Wing Permissiveness by Fred Block, 01-30-2007
BooksMedia Advocacy and Public Health by Lawrence Wallack, 01-30-2007
- News for a Change by Lawrence Wallack, 01-30-2007
- Step-by-step instructions for working with the media to promote social change.
LinksThe "Thing" Economy and the "Care" Economy by Fred Block, 01-30-2007
- This short essay focuses on a key aspect of moral economy--our society's inadequate arrangements for providing the care and nurturance that we all need.
- Let Them Eat War 01-30-2007
- Arlie Hochschild makes an important contribution to our understanding of Bush's appeal to male voters who are not beneficiaries of the tax cuts.
- New Book by Longview's Troy Duster by Troy Duster, 01-30-2007
- The link describes the co-authored book, *Whitewashing Race: The Myth of a Color-Blind Society*, published by University of California Press.
News ItemsFred Block: A Moral Economy by Fred Block, 01-30-2007
- Over the last twenty-five years, conservatives have used simple, moral language to convince Americans that only unregulated markets produce prosperity. Fred Block writes in The Nation that, for the Democrats to regain power, they will have to replace that story with one of their own – a vision of a moral economy.